CAUTION: The people who brought you Search & Social Summit are heading to LA to kick off BlueGlass LA 2010. I mean sure, LA is a cool town with lots of attractions, great atmosphere and more friendly faces than you can shake a stick at. But do you really want to go there? Not to mention that some of the speakers at this conference are a couple of squares. Just look at this list:
- Tony Adams – Sr. Marketing Manager, MySpace
- Adam Audette – President/CEO, Audette Media
- Loren Baker – Partner, Search & Social
- Greg Boser – President & CEO, 3 Dog Media
- Jessica Bowman – Founder, SEOinhouse.com
- Michael Brito – VP of Social Media at Edelman Digital
- Lawrence Coburn – CEO & Co-Founder, DoubleDutch
- Brent Csutoras – Social Media Marketing Expert
- Rand Fishkin – CEO & Co-Founder, SEOmoz
- Vanessa Fox – Founder, Nine by Blue
- Ben Huh – CEO, Cheezburger Network
- JR Johnson – CEO & Founder, Lunch.com
- Jordan Kasteler – Partner, Search & Social
- Laura Lippay – Director of Technical Marketing, Yahoo! Media
- Andy Liu – CEO, Buddy TV
- Dave McClue – Co-Founder, Startup2Startup & Finance4Founders
- Melanie Mitchell – SVP/Search Marketing Strategy, Digitas
- Jason Nazar – CEO & Co-Founder, Docstoc.com
- Neil Patel – Co-Founder, Crazy Egg & KISSmetrics
- Peter Pham – CEO, BillShrink
- Dave Roth – Director of Search Marketing, Yahoo!
- Marshall Simmonds – Chief Marketing Strategiest, New York Times & Company/About.com; CEO & Co-Founder, Define Search Strategies
- Dave Snyder – Partner, Search & Social
- Mark Suster – Partner, GRP Partners
- David Szetela – CEO, Clix Marketing
- Chris Winfield – President, 10e20
Albeit these are leading industry experts, but look at this list! You’ll get so much information it’ll be like drinking water from a fire hydrant! So why even go? Also considering the chances you’ll get to hang out with these speakers is pretty high if your not spineless, but again why bother? I mean it’s not like you want to network with peers and meet those you’ve been tweeting with online. Do you really want to go have the time of your life in LA with the coolest bunch in the search marketing and social media field? I didn’t think so. I mean who wants to further their knowledge and network in an industry that is constantly evolving?
Okay, okay at this point it may seem enticing, but the schedule they’ve got set is completely crazy. You’ll listen to that list of speakers present, hang out with everyone else, relax and enjoy dinner coupled with more socializing. That just doesn’t sound like any fun at all. If you’re not wanting to further your knowledge or even your career, just stay at your house wrapped up in mom’s quilt, curled up in the fetal position, eating stale Milky Ways in the dark with a Brittney Spears CD playing in the background being thankful you missed all this fun and information.
So whether or not you decide to stay home or brave the crowd, leave a comment! Because I’d really like to go!
P.S. All comments will get a do follow link.
P.S.S. The contest is over. I’ll post a brief update when the results are in. Comments on this post are closed.